Healthy Appetizers – Baked Tofu with Guacamole and Veggies

image

This is an easy to make, vegan show stopper. I love tofu and generally love to combine it with veggies and grains. Today, I am pairing Tofu with Guacamole and Veggies.

Ingredients: Serves 1 (Prep Time 5mins/Total Time 20mins)

Soft Tofu – 4 Slices (Cut in rectangular shape. Roughly 2 by 4 inches)
Freshly crushed black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Guacamole – 1 cup
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Onion finely diced– 1/2 cup
Poblano chilies cut in shape of rings – 4 -5 rings only
Grape tomatoes– 5-6 tomatoes
Coriander chopped finely – 2 teaspoons
Olive oil – 2 & 1/2 teaspoons
Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Salt to taste

image

Baking: Preheat oven to 350F

In a bowl add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, lemon juice, diced garlic, salt and add cilantro (save some for garnishing later). Brush this mix on the soft tofu. In a baking tray lay the soft tofu along with cherry tomatoes, onions,Poblano chilies. Spray very little olive oil on top the cherry tomatoes, onions, pasilla chilies. Bake for a good 12 minutes.

image

Guacamole Topping:

Once, the tofu has been grilled, layer it with guacamole add the baked veggies on top of the baked tofu. Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese on top and bake it at 500F for another 5 minutes.

image

Serving:

Once done, garnish with cilantro and crushed black pepper(optional). Serve it hot and enjoy this treat.

image

Do give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out. Also, what’s your signature tofu recipe.

25 Comments Add yours

1. Looks good for vegetarians like me

2. Anuradha give tis a try and keep me posted.

1. Thanks Jessica! let me know when you try this out!

Liked by 1 person

3. foxtaylor says:

This looks so good!

1. A very simple recipe as well. Do let me know how it turns out when you give this a try.

Liked by 1 person

4. I love this idea! I can never get my tofu firm enough to hold stuff on top of it. Even when I buy the firm tofu!

5. nlampert says:

This looks so yummy! I’ve been looking for more vegan recipes lately to cut down on my meat intake

6. Amber says:

Oo all these veggies look amazing! I’d so try this! And I love guacamole.

Liked by 1 person

7. Never baked tofu. Your recipe sounds so healthy and so yum. A must try.

8. Carla says:

Great post! These appetizers would pair so well with the Natural Brazilian cocktails I create. Check it out when you get a chance:)

9. MegOhKay says:

We are always looking for new meatless Monday options. This one is ALSO vegan, so cool. I’ll be passing it on to my husband. He has a cooking channel, if he trys it up would you mind if we used this recipe (and credited you of course)?

1. Thank you Megan! Will be great if your husband showcases this 🙂

Liked by 1 person

10. CJ | Thirty30Courtney.com says:

Woah that looks tasty! I need to get creative with my dishes since I really only make the few dishes I am good at. Lol

Liked by 1 person

1. This one is super easy, less time, less time consuming, tastes & looks good!

11. Janine Good says:

This looks delicious! I love healthy alternatives for appetizers!

12. Omg this looks absolutely delicious!!!!!! Must make

Liked by 1 person

13. Anamika Ojha says:

My hubby is a vegetarian and he loves Guacamole and tofu! Can’t wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us!

1. Thank you dear. Let me know how it went?

Liked by 1 person

14. The Editor says:

Yay! I need to learn this new recipe so that I have something to brag for my boyfriend who is an expert cook! Thank you dear!

-blairvillanueva

15. These would go down very well at a party with my friends! I love tofu!